Thursday, November 1, 2007

Safety First, But Kissing is Second

Boarding the ship could not have been easier. I wish flying were this hassle-free! We had some time to walk around the ship and check things out before attending the mandatory safety drill. Kissing in the life vests was actually a challenge, but with the encouragement of fellow passengers we gave it a try. After the safety drill and the official “send-off” we were able to unpack. Jay was very patient with me as I found places for absolutely everything. I just can’t stand living out of luggage! The room is perfect. Everything is well designed and efficient. We love the balcony!

The ship is not full. We are told it is only at about 70% capacity. We are among the youngest of the guests on board and have already been asked several times if we are one of the four honeymooning couples on this voyage. Many of the activities and most of the music are geared towards a different age group. Mom, you would love the music! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve thought this, especially last night when we were walking around and heard a live band playing “Return to Sender.” Of course I was singing right along, but Jay didn’t even know the song. I’ve gained quite a lot from all the years around Granny’s player piano!

So far, everything about the trip has been fantastic!

2 comments:

Cher said...

So, who took your picture? That's priceless!

Cher

Mom said...

Elvis Presley, Return To Sender. Popular when i was in the 8th or 9th grade. wow

mom marcie